Contact our experienced attorneys today at (203) 325-4491 or (866) 248-8744 or email us at email@example.com to arrange a free, confidential consultation.
Richard Silver To Be Recognized with 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award at Connecticut Legal Awards Dinner Tonight
May 16, 2019
Randy Savicky, Silver Golub & Teitell (203) 571-8151
What: 2019 Connecticut Law Tribune Annual Award Ceremony
Where: The Bond Ballroom, 338 Asylum St, Hartford, CT 06103
When: Thursday, May 16
Time: 6:00 pm | Cocktail Hour
7:00 pm | Awards Program Begins
7:30 pm | Dinner & Networking
8:00 pm | Awards Program Continues
10:00 pm | Awards Anticipated End
Richard A. Silver
Please join us to honor Richard A. Silver, senior partner of Silver Golub Teitell, who will be recognized with the 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award, an award given to an attorney who has left a lasting imprint on the legal community of Connecticut, at the annual award ceremony hosted by the Connecticut Law Tribune this Thursday in Hartford.
Richard A. Silver has long been recognized as a leader of the litigation bar in the state of Connecticut and has been listed in Best Lawyers in America under Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Product Liability Litigation for the last 25 years. Mr. Silver has been included in Connecticut Super Lawyers since its inception and is listed as one of the top lawyers in Connecticut.
Mr. Silver is well-known for sharing his expertise with the legal community, and currently serves on the board of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and co-chairs its Medical Malpractice Committee. He has taught trial practice at Yale Law School and is on the advisory board of the Quinnipiac Law school.
He served as chairman of the Judicial Selection Commission, and served as a case evaluator for other attorneys’ cases on behalf of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He has authored numerous articles and lectured extensively for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association on medical malpractice, proving damages, products liability, structured settlements, business torts and commercial litigation. Mr. Silver is committed to supporting the community and is actively involved in sponsoring charitable causes throughout the year.
Each year, the Connecticut Law Tribune identifies the best of the best in the state of Connecticut. This year’s group of honorees has demonstrated knowledge, skill and compassion, and is being recognized by the peers and clients who nominated them.
• In 2008, Mr. Silver, together with his partner, Angelo Ziotas, obtained the largest jury verdict at that time in a medical malpractice action in Connecticut history when a Stamford jury awarded his clients $38.5 million to compensate a young boy who suffered severe neurological injuries during childbirth.
• He was trial counsel in the case of Katsetos v. Nolan, a decision affirmed by the CT Supreme Court, which, at the time, was the highest death verdict in the state of CT. The Katsetos case is frequently cited as authority in medical malpractice cases.
• Mr. Silver won a $3.6 million verdict in Pisel v. Stamford Hospital, the 1st verdict greater than $1 million in the state of CT.
• An $11.8 million settlement for a 49-year-old father of three young children who suffered brain damage in a motor vehicle accident
• A $10 million settlement for his clients in a medical malpractice case involving a misdiagnosis and resulting in brain damage of an infant
• A $9 million settlement for his clients in a medical malpractice case involving birth trauma
• A $16.7 million settlement for his clients in a medical malpractice case resulting in permanent brain damage of a woman as a result of an anesthesiologist’s failure to properly monitor vital signs during the cesarean section delivery of her first child
• A $13.2 million settlement for his clients in a medical malpractice case involving a 35-year-old woman with three children who sustained brain damage during a routine tubal ligation procedure
• A $5 million verdict to a cancer patient and her husband for her doctor’s failure to warn her she had an increased risk of developing ovarian cancer
His generous support for the Silver Educational Center at the Bartlett Arboretum in Stamford is one example of his dedication to charity. The Silver Educational Center is named in honor of Mr. Silver’s family.
Honors & Awards
• Connecticut Law Tribune — Lifetime Achievement Award, 2019
• Fairfield County Bar Association — Mario DiNatale Ethics & Professionalism Award, 2017
• Avvo Rating of 10/10 (Superb), Avvo.com
• Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association — Lifetime Achievement Award, 2003
• The Best Lawyers in America® (Medical Malpractice Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation), 1987-Present*
About Silver Golub & Teitell LLP
Celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, Silver Golub & Teitell LLP is one of the leading medical malpractice, serious personal injury and complex civil litigation law firms in Connecticut. The firm’s philosophy is simple: to provide its clients with the best legal representation possible, regardless of the effort and expense required. The Connecticut Law Tribune noted that the firm “… has earned some of the largest verdicts and settlements in state history.” At the same time, these cases have had a significant impact on diverse areas of both state and national law. The firm has offices in Stamford, Hartford, Danbury and Waterbury, CT. www.sgtlaw.com
Silver Golub & Teitell LLP
203-325-4491 ext. 174