Contact our experienced attorneys today at (203) 325-4491 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free, confidential consultation.
April 26, 2018
STAMFORD, CT (April 26, 2018) – The Stamford trial law firm of Silver Golub & Teitell LLP celebrated its 40th anniversary with a party for nearly 200 guests at the Stamford Palace Theatre yesterday evening. The event was hosted by Richard A. Silver, senior partner of Silver Golub & Teitell, along with partners David S. Golub and Ernie Teitell.
Here are Mr. Silver’s remarks from last night’s party:
“We are delighted to welcome everyone to the firm’s celebration of its 40th year as a partnership. Forty years ago, Jimmy Carter was President; he is now 94, and we are now in our seventh presidency. Also, 40 years ago, gas was 63 cents, a dozen eggs cost 45 cents, the average ranch home cost $24,500 and the contingent fee was one-third -- truly the good old days.
“We are pleased that many co-counsel are here who have worked with us over many years. We really appreciate your support working for our mutual clients. Also, many opposing counsel are here. Although our roles are adversarial, I am pleased we maintained excellent and cordial working relationships.
“The firm has consistently supported the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association with our belief all plaintiff lawyers benefit from mutual cooperation.
“From the very beginning of the firm, we have been committed to accepting difficult cases that have a broader impact. Let me give you a few examples:
- David Golub has had a long battle with tobacco companies over the years and has exposed their deliberate programs to addict teenagers.
- We have done a product liability case involving an unsafe swimming pool which resulted in the death of a child. This case made major changes in pool safety, not only in Connecticut, but across the country.
- We did the Mianus River Bridge case 30 years ago. As a result, all of the bridges in Connecticut were examined for safety.
- We were appointed counsel representing Danbury prisoners to achieve better living conditions.
- We have pursued cases against persons who have committed sexual assault and abuse of minors and other vulnerable people.
- We have done commercial litigation that saved more than 100 jobs.
- We have pursued medical malpractice cases that have effected change in medical practice.
- In one case, a woman’s life was saved because of our knowledge.
“When making an important decision in a case, our guiding principal has always been what is in the best interest of the client.
“We could not have maintained the success our of firm without the dedication and assistance of our support staff, many of whom have been with us for more than 30 years. At the same time, I am delighted to congratulate Jennifer Goldstein and Steve Bloch becoming our newest partners.
“On a personal note, I would like to thank my family for their support over the years.
“As most of you know, trial work is very stressful, but I am proud that our firm has been able to maintain so many close working collegial relationships throughout these 40 years.
“In closing, let us also celebrate our continuing collegiality at the bar and continuing to represent of our clients with zeal and dedication.”
About Silver Golub & Teitell LLP
Celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, Silver Golub & Teitell LLP is one of the leading medical malpractice, serious personal injury and complex civil litigation law firms in Connecticut. The firm’s philosophy is simple: to provide its clients with the best legal representation possible, regardless of the effort and expense required. The Connecticut Law Tribune noted that the firm “… has earned some of the largest verdicts and settlements in state history.” At the same time, these cases have had a significant impact on diverse areas of both state and national law. The firm has offices in Stamford, Hartford, Danbury and Waterbury, CT. www.sgtlaw.com
Silver Golub & Teitell LLP
203-325-4491 ext. 174