Contact our experienced attorneys today at (203) 325-4491 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free, confidential consultation.
Richard Silver & Michael Kennedy Present 'Primer on Medical Negligence for Medical Students' at Quinnipiac University
November 24, 2015
Senior partner Richard A. Silver and attorney Michael R. Kennedy presented a "Primer on Medical Negligence for Medical Students" at the Frank H. Netter, MD, Medical School at Quinnipiac University on Monday, November 23.
Attorney Silver is a member of both the Board of Trustees of Quinnipiac's Medical School and the Advisory Board of the university's Law School. He is one of the few – if any – medical malpractice attorneys on the advisory board of any U.S. medical school.
The seminar was specifically designed to provide first-year medical students with an overview of how malpractice cases work and to help them understand where they might be susceptible to claims in their practices.
Areas that were explored included:
- Protecting yourself from lawsuits
- How physicians become vulnerable to malpractice claims
- Areas of frequent claims
- Medical negligence
- Physician-patient relationship
- The standard of care
- Deviation from the standard of care
- Statute of limitations
- Filing a medical negligence lawsuit
- Who is a similar health care provider?
- Expert testimony
- Proving medical negligence claims at trial
- Investigating medical negligence claims
- Factors juries consider in finding responsibility
- Factors juries consider in awarding damages
- Informed consent