Contact our experienced attorneys today at (203) 325-4491 or (866) 248-8744 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free, confidential consultation.
May 13, 2021
Connecticut Birth Injury Law
If your newborn is suffering from medical problems (such as cerebral palsy) that you suspect were caused by doctors or other medical personnel who delivered your child, you should seek the services of an experienced law firm as soon as possible. There are several factors to consider when choosing a birth injury law firm, including to help you to find out why the birth injury occurred, whether it could have been prevented and whether you should consider filing a medical malpractice lawsuit.
When choosing a birth injury law firm, the firm should:
- Be experienced. Your law firm should have a thorough knowledge of Connecticut birth injury law and should be a law firm that has handled many birth injury cases over a period of many years.
- Handle your case promptly. Your Connecticut birth injury lawyers should commit to a speedy handling of your case at trial. There is a statute of limitations on the amount of time that can pass between a birth injury and when you can file a medical malpractice lawsuit in Connecticut. A seasoned trial attorney will work quickly to gather information to support your case and to overcome delays in the litigation process. In addition, many birth injury cases can be quickly brought to a conclusion without going to trial through an out-of-court settlement.
- Work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not pay any attorney’s fees unless you recover damages from the doctor or hospital at fault or from his or her insurance company. When you do reach a settlement, the law firm then charges a percentage of your overall settlement for lawyer’s fees.
- Be confident about handling your case. The birth injury law firm should agree to take your case only if he or she thinks your lawsuit is winnable and that he or she is the right lawyer for the job.
- Pay the costs of putting together your legal case. You will reimburse the law firm for these expenses after you have recovered damages. Your attorney is taking a risk in paying these costs in advance. This is a good indication that he or she thinks you have a strong case. Your attorney’s law firm should pay for your legal expenses as they come up, such as:
- Copies of police reports and medical records
- Deposition fees
- Court filing fees
- Investigator fees
- Expert witness fees
- Office expenses
- Take a team approach to meeting your needs. A successful Connecticut birth injury law firm leverages the diverse talents and experience of its attorneys to meet the challenges of each client’s unique birth injury case.
Victims of birth injuries in Connecticut rely on the skill and professionalism of the trial attorneys at Silver Golub & Teitell LLP. We take birth injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Please contact us to find out how we can help you.