The attorneys at Silver Golub & Teitell LLP are experienced litigators and dedicated advocates. We represent individuals and businesses in a diverse range of complex civil litigation cases, including jury and non-jury trials in state and federal trial and appellate courts.
In one notable case, Barbara Izzarelli, a longtime smoker of Salem cigarettes who developed cancer, received a total of $27.5 million dollars in her successful product liability lawsuit against the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. She is the first smoker to win an individual product liability lawsuit against a tobacco company. Other representative cases can be found on our Cases & Results page.
Experienced Connecticut trial lawyers help individuals and businesses
The firm has particular experience litigating disputes involving the following:
- Businesses bringing large commercial claims against contractors, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers, including cases that cross state lines and national borders
- Complex contract disputes, including multi-party disputes
- Businesses involved in disputes with other businesses
- Antitrust litigation
- Executive employees involved in employment contract disputes, bringing wrongful termination claims, or disputing stock options or terms of a severance package
- Constructive discharge claims
- Employees charging employers with discrimination or harassment in the workplace
- Equal Employment Opportunities Act (EEOC) claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) claims on behalf of returning veterans
- Whistleblower actions that bring false claims to the attention of government authorities
- Individuals or businesses charging a business with fraud in class action lawsuits
- Securities litigation
- Estate litigation
Our attorneys are known and respected for their extensive courtroom experience and attention to detail. We have handled hundreds of cases from the pre-litigation phase through jury trial and appeal when necessary.
More importantly, we take business and complex civil cases on a contingency fee basis, making it possible for companies to affordably pursue claims that would not be cost-effective with a more traditional hourly fee agreement. Our attorneys offer the extensive commercial background usually only found at large commercial firms, combined with the courtroom savvy and personal attention possible with a smaller, more nimble firm. Our lawyers are all dedicated to ensuring that individuals get the same high-quality legal representation that is available to America’s largest corporations.