Angelo A. Ziotas
Experienced Civil Litigator
Angelo Ziotas, a partner in the firm, has been specializing in trial of civil matters in Connecticut, including medical malpractice cases, personal injury claims involving wrongful death or serious injury, and business disputes, for over 20 years. Based upon the experience gained during that time,Mr. Ziotas was board certified as civil trial attorney by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, having attained that honor in 1998. Since 2006, Mr. Ziotas has been recognized by his peers for inclusion in the publication "The Best Lawyers in America" in the specialties of Medical Malpractice Law and Personal Injury Litigation. Mr. Ziotas has also been included in Connecticut Super Lawyers* every year since its inception in 2006, including its list of Top 50 Connecticut Super Lawyers and Top 100 New England Super Lawyers. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and one of only 35 lawyers in Connecticut to have been designated a "Local Litigation Star" by the publication Benchmark Litigation.
In trials throughout the state of Connecticut, Mr. Ziotas has served as lead counsel for several clients who have received jury verdicts of over one million dollars, including medical malpractice actions, motor vehicle collisions, elevator accidents and an insurance "bad faith" suit. These results include one of the largest jury verdicts in Connecticut history, when a Stamford jury awarded his clients $38.5 million in order to compensate a young boy who suffered severe neurological injuries during childbirth. In addition to these verdicts, he has negotiated settlements of over $40 million dollars for firm clients in the last two years, including $14.75 million for a victim of egregious medical malpractice, $10.4 million for a young child who suffered a severe brain injury during a near drowning at a Town supervised summer camp and $8.5 million for a small Connecticut business, to compensate for losses caused by a component part manufacturer.
Mr. Ziotas is an Officer for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA) and serves on the organization's Board of Governors. He has lectured on trial practice, traumatic brain injuries, and other personal injury topics at numerous seminars sponsored by CTLA. In addition to CTLA, Mr. Ziotas has served as the chairman of a litigation group for the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), involving over 100 pharmaceutical claims filed nationally.
Mr. Ziotas resides in New Canaan with his wife and two children and is an active member of the Community serving on several local Boards.
Areas of Practice
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Serious injuries
- Wrongful deaths
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
- Connecticut College, New London, Major in Biology, Minor in Biochemistry
- Trial Practice, Traumatic Brain Injuries, and Other Personal Injury Topics, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors; Secretary, 2011-present; Parliamentarian, 2010-2011)
- American Association for Justice (Chairman, Litigation Group, 1993-1997)
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Murder Victim's Family Wins $9 Million Claim
- Carnival Ride Injuries Expose Many To Lawsuits
- Record Medical Malpractice Verdict Upheld
- $38 Million for Brain-Damaged Baby
- SGT Brings Suit on Behalf of Child Suffering Severe Near-Drowning Brain Injury
Contact Angelo A. Ziotas to discuss your legal needs
Individuals and businesses in Connecticut rely on the skill and professionalism of the trial attorneys at Silver Golub & Teitell LLP. We take both business and personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Contact us online to find out how we can help.
We represent individuals and businesses in personal injury, wrongful death, and business litigation throughout the state of Connecticut, including Fairfield County, New Haven County, Hartford County, and the following communities:
* Connecticut Super Lawyers is published annually in the February issue of Connecticut Magazine and the November issue of New England Super Lawyers Magazine. Connecticut Super Lawyers is based on the survey of more than 13,000 attorneys across the state who have been in practice for five years or more. Please review each individual attorney's biographical page for information about the year or years of selection by Super Lawyers.